1. Three months work within two weeks - I have been very busy sending out 150 fine art prints sold through my gallery Onethirty3.com. Each print must be lovingly rolled in craft and tissue paper, tubed, sealed, addressed and posted, each one taking far longer than is bearable (one down, 149 to go etc.) Along with all the sales administration, correspondence and a very unfortunate pricing error by our web guy, life went on hold for a couple of weeks.
2. Sad news - we lost my lovely Granda just over a month ago. I was pleased to be able to travel home to Northern Ireland to be with my family and celebrate the life of this wonderful, fun and caring man, but we'll all miss him so much.
3. Illness strikes - at the most inconvenient times. I had a horrible virus which lasted for five days but lingered for another five. Knocked me off my feet when I was supposed to be shipping prints and packing boxes. I also missed a ceilidh retirement party, which I've since heard was lots of fun.
4. Moving house - I didn't find this process too stressful but boy was it tiring. I packed 80-100 boxed (I lost count) single-handedly and did endless runs to the dump and charity shop and couldn't believe how six quick years together could amount to so much stuff! Move day itself was hideous; the van was too small, the new house wasn't ready and it rained a lot. But we got here, munched fish and chips and awoke to gorgeous sea view we were waiting for.
5. Goodbye help - I also awoke to the departure of my other half as he left for Art Basel Miami for the week, to work, leaving me with a lot of unpacking to do. Desperately trying to remember the reasons that I decided not to go with him?!?!? Thankfully my amazing parents hopped on a plane, and my amazing in-laws arrived and they all came to my rescue, DIYing and cleaning and doing jobs that I wouldn't have even known existed. One week in and things are looking homely :)
6. Wifi free with no TV - a week without wifi was fine actually as I didn't have time to use it anyway, but it would have been useful for all those glamorous and exciting activities like looking on the council website to see when your bin gets collected! If I sat upstairs on a particular corner of my bed I might have gotten enough 3G to write a blog post, but I've waited until now, until my laptop and I could hop into bed with the ease of wifi to finally get round to posting.
I'm looking forward to finishing my Detroit posts, and reminiscing over the first 30 years of my life as I hit a big milestone next week! ;) Watch this space...